Senior Project Lead
Our client, a leading financial institution is seeking a Senior Project Lead to join their highly skilled and dynamic Mobile Solutions team in Toronto, ON.
The Senior Development Project Leader ensures delivery of technically complex reporting solutions targeted at various business units. The Senior Development Project Leader coordinates development and delivery activities and ensures deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging a team of technical staff.
The incumbent manages resources, sub-projects and activities, while contributing to delivery goals in direct support of business drivers (including revenue goals and customer project targets).
– Help disrupt the future of banking with cutting edge technologies such as payments, biometrics, wearables, augmented reality and game consoles
– Always thinking outside the box and utilizing the latest technology and equipment
– Passion for technology extends beyond the workplace
– Work as part of a team which encourages both individual and collaborative innovation
– Experience as a scrum master and/or project manager an asset
– Ability to perform resource allocations and workload assignments according to project requirements
– Experience in developing scope and budget for project delivery
– Experience driving many internal teams and external vendors
– Strong communication skills and ability to report delivery status to external and internal stakeholders and develop required delivery documentations
Payment experience is an asset
The incumbent will lead a team of Senior Programmer Analysts (Level 6) and possibly contractors from time to time.
The incumbent receives delegated responsibility from the Senior Manager, Workforce Management & MIS, or the Project Manager on a regular basis.
The incumbent is accountable for project SLA’s and Audit targets on a project by project basis and will be assessed on results.
The incumbent defers to the Senior Manager, Workforce Management & MIS on all matters regarding policy, major escalation or client impact.
The incumbent is expected in turn, to provide background information on all matters, recommended action, and effect of action to the Senior Manager to assist him/her in making decisions. The incumbent collaborates with the Senior Manager in making joint decisions.
The incumbent defers to the Project Manager and/or Senior Manager for acceptance of design, including changes and will recommend changes.
Education And Accreditations
Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
5 - 7 years technical work experience (SQL, JCL, SAS, Oracle, Showcase, Avaya CMS)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relation skills
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
Technical designations/formal training an asset.