Senior Manager, Development
Our client is a premier financial institution seeking a Development Manager. They are continuing their journey to remain at the financial industry forefront to modernize both development practices and tools. They are looking to build their development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive them forward and enhance the experience of their customers.
The Senior Manager is required to manage a team of IT professionals to provide technology guidance, project delivery and product support for these applications. The incumbent will have progressive IT experience, preferable to the financial or digital marketing industry, the ability to manage a team of technology focused staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
The incumbent should also have a strong Project Management & Technical Support background. To lead the team, the individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) is in the process of a digital transformation to drive more conversions, depth and stickiness via digital channels. To support this transition a next-generation technology marketing stack is being built to improve prospect and customer utilization.
The Senior Manager will use their business, technology and program management acumen to help build a marketing technology stack. This will involve several vendors from established software companies to technology start-ups.
- Manages the team (Direct and indirect reports) in area of project scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
• Ensures proper support procedures and processes are in place to support the various existing production systems.
• Negotiates IT project requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, quality, etc.
• Manages communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact scope, schedule, budget, risk & resources
• Builds strong working relationship with peers within business lines and technology partners
• Participates in budgeting processes for department
• Establishes and champions quality improvement activities across the department
• Holds accountability for managing assigned project and department budgets
• Participates in vendor product assessment and selection
• Conducts scheduled meetings to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner and are in compliance with the IT technology Roadmap as well as other Bank’s standards and/or external regulatory standards
- Manages the department’s people strategy including project recruitment, retention and performance management.
• The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives general direction from the Director or VP.
• The incumbent is expected to function independently to ensure that the assigned tasks and project objectives are met.
The incumbent is responsible for managing all aspects of the development projects within their unit. This involves leading multiple projects with budgets in access of $500,000. In addition to the development projects, the incumbent is also required to support multiple applications concurrently. The incumbent must ensure high availability, integrity and reliability of programs developed where the consequences of error could expose the Bank to a significant loss or undue risk.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
• Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
• Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
• Strong vendor management skills, experience in negotiating contractual terms and managing offshore development teams.
• Disciplined in development methodology and familiar with software development technologies and concepts
• Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
• Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
• Past experience leading/supervising teams of 10 or more, ability to motivate staff
• Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to deliver projects in a timely manner and deal with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Post graduate degree in computer science, business, math or engineering related discipline is desirable, along with 8-10 years of progressive IT experience, preferable to the financial or digital marketing industry, the ability to manage a team of technology focused staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.