C++ and Middleware Software Engineer
Our client is a world leader in connected commerce, with proven expertise in cutting-edge systems technology, multi-vendor software and service excellence for both financial and retail customers. They are in more than 130 countries around the world and are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
Our client is seeking a passionate and talented C++ Software Engineer to join their family. You will be challenged daily and work alongside a talented team pushing the boundaries of the financial self-service industry. You bring a positive attitude to small & medium sized teams, where creativity and hard work are required to produce cutting-edge applications. You challenge all assumptions of what can’t be done, and push past them to produce the next generation of innovative tech. If you love technology, finding simple solutions to complex problems, using cutting-edge technologies and working with great colleagues, then here is your next challenge waiting for you!
- Work closely with other team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs
- Collaborate with the product architects to successfully implement the development processes, coding best practices and code reviews
- Work within an Agile software development environment, including emergent architecture, changing requirements, and changing priorities (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- Demo committed work to stakeholders and defend implementation techniques
- Provides professional and accurate solution support to benefit end users
- Always be mindful of the end-user who will make use of our solutions
- Openly communicate all changes and concerns that could affect customers to the team and leadership
- Perform detailed code reviews and openly accept reviewer feedback
- Work collaboratively with others to design the best team solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of C++ knowledge and hands-on development experience
- Solid understanding of object-orientated programming
- Solid software engineering foundation with deep skills in Object Oriented Design.
- Experience with source code control systems (TFS, GIT, PTC, etc)
- An understanding and focus on tracking work through a ticket management system (TFS, JIRA, PTC, etc)
- Adapt quickly to change and vocal about new ideas and innovative solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile best practices
- Excellent learning and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work and collaborate well with others
- Hardworking, self-motivated, and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies