Software Solutions Architect
The Software Solution Architect is an industry expert who is required to maintain a level of expertise which allows them to be positioned as such. The Solution Architect sets architectural vision and direction for Client’s software products. The Solution Architect will also participate in customer engagements that require advanced technical, organizational, leadership and communication skills.
As a Solutions Architect you are responsible for architecting, designing and developing self-service software solutions for retail banking services based on Client’s product set. The Solution Architect will frequently work in close collaboration with clients, product management, project managers and software developers. The Solution Architect will participate in reviewing existing solutions and providing recommendations for extensions and customizations. The Solution Architect will also participate in training and practice improvement activities. In addition, the Solution Architect will provide and evangelize technical vision to the Engineering and Professional Services groups. Client Solution Architect may also be required to publish articles and be a keynote speaker at conferences.
- Develop innovative technical solutions and set product direction to address industry business problems.
- Direct and participate in research and prototype development to validate solutions and new technologies.
- Contribute across the entire development cycle (presales, requirements gathering, analysis, design, code, test, initial pilot/production launch, and production support) with the primary focus on analysis, solution design and mentoring development staff.
- Perform complex product design activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Participate in product design meetings.
- Review and analyze existing banking solutions and client requirements, and provide recommendations for extension and customization to team members and clients.
- Work closely with managers and directors in working with project teams.
- Review the work of team members.
- Travel to customer sites for meetings, presentations and architectural sessions
Attend workshops, meetings, and architectural sessions at Client Head Office in London, Ontario
- May be required to participate in limited software development (coding) activities at times.
- Lead or participate substantively in non-project based activities which strengthen the organization (e.g. training, development of coding standards, pioneering of new technologies and capabilities).
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other departments which are key to the success of the organization (e.g., Product Management, Business Development, Professional Services, Engineering, Customer Support, etc.).
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an architecture role
- Strong understanding of coding languages and tools including but not limited to C++, VB, XML, Windows .NET, C# developer or VB.NET
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience with the majority of those years spent designing and developing software solutions applications
- Experience architecting scalable database solutions on Microsoft SQL Server is an asset
- Strong integration design and development, UI design and development experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Previous experience working onsite at a customer location in a consulting capacity
- Experience in conducting development activities using stringent source code control procedures
- Minimum of 2 years of project development / methodologies experience: full system development lifecycle, Agile, etc.
- Possess advanced written and oral communication skills for producing software design specifications and conducting JAD sessions with customers
- Experienced in developing and documenting use cases desired
- Financial services industry expertise preferred.
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time